CALLED TO THE BAR:
- Juris Doctor (University of Calgary 2010);
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Calgary 2007); and
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science- Minor in Management and Society (University of Calgary 2005).
- Punjabi - fluent, can read and write
- Hindi - conversational
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
Sanjiv Parmar is a born and raised Calgarian, and the founder of PARMAR LAW.
Mr. Parmar is a former Crown Counsel with Alberta Justice, specializing in Child Welfare and Family Law. Previous to his time with Alberta Justice, Mr. Parmar was in private practise where he specialized in Criminal, Family, Immigration and Human Right’s Law.
He has experience in cases involving sexual abuse of children, shaken baby syndrome, domestic violence cases, including contested parenting applications, and has run a multi-million dollar arson case, robbery and an over $100,000 drug case, to name a few. He is well respected by the courts, Judges and his peers.
Prior to law school Mr. Parmar worked at a major financial institution as a Financial Service Representative and volunteered at the Peter Lougheed Centre, where he was on a Committee and Council.
After law school, he interned at the Canadian Embassy in Washington D.C. He was actively involved in extra-curricular activities during law school, including Student Legal Assistance. He continues to be involved with the Faculty of Law and volunteers in the community with following organizations:
- Pro Bono Law Alberta;
- Alberta Lawyers' Assistance Society - as a Peer Support Worker;
- Sikh Youth Mentorship Program; and
- Calgary Legal Guidance, with the Centre for New Comers, and with the 1000 Voice's Legal Clinic at the Genesis Centre - a clinic proudly sponsored by Parmar Law.
During his time off, Mr. Parmar likes to continue his involvement in the community, travel and be active, whether it is through gym workouts, martial arts, running or other sports and activities. He is also a huge Calgary Flames fan.