Date: Saturday, November 16th Time: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM *Only 1 spot left* Buy tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/healthy-indian-food-cooking-class-hands-on-training-only-1-ticket-left-tickets-74581077009
In this cooking class taught by a Culinary Nutrition Expert we will discuss some key cooking techniques used in making Indian food and go over a variety of spices used in the creation of the recipes.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Chana Masala: A delicious vegan chickpeas gravy dish made with a homemade aromatic Chana Masala Spice Blend
- Gobi Aloo: Cauliflowers and Potatoes made with the potent anti-inflammatory spice, turmeric, that has been used in Indian traditions for centuries!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala: Gluten-free, Dairy-free and 100% Organic Chicken in a delicious sauce with bell peppers and onions
- Other sides that will be provided: Turmeric and Jeera Rice, Indian Pickle and Indian Salad
At the end of the class, we will all sit down to a family style 100% organic, gluten-free and dairy-free meal complete with healthy sides!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS:
This class is beneficial for anyone interested in learning how to make healthy Indian recipes that don't use vegetable oils/dairy/gluten to achieve a desired flavor. It is also perfect for those of you who currently battling an autoimmune disease such as, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis or Celiac disease since we eliminate most common allergens.
WHO SHOULD NOT ATTEND THIS CLASS:
This class is not for novice cooks as it requires the handling of a paring knife and a chef knife. You must be comfortable using your knife, a peeler, and other equipment such as hot pots/pans for cooking.
WHY THIS CLASS:
There are lots of cooking classes out there, but with the class sizes being so large you are never given the attention you need to learn proper cooking techniques. This class will be led by a Culinary Nutrition Expert who has been through her own challenges managing her various health issues and our class size will be limited to 3 - 4 people to ensure that you learn what you hope to in our 2.5 hours together.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / EXPERIENCE:
- How to increase your spice tolerance - Health benefits of various herbs and spices - Cooking techniques specific to Indian food - Hands-on training to solidify your learnings around Indian Cooking - Observing & Assisting other students with their Recipes
The classes are taught in a home-style kitchen of a basement apartment with only enough space for 3 people to cook together, as a result we have limited seating on first come first serve basis.
To garuntee a seat, be sure to buy your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/healthy-indian-food-cooking-class-hands-on-training-only-1-ticket-left-tickets-74581077009
Instructions for getting here and what to bring will be emailed to you a couple days prior to the event.
Looking forward to seeing you in the class!