Bijan Bhimani is an associate in Dentons’ Commercial Real Estate group. His practice involves all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial development, financing, and retail and office leasing.
Based in Calgary, Bijan represents national landlords and developers of retail, office and hotel properties throughout all stages of project development, starting from acquisition and financing to development and subsequent leasing and disposition. He also advises on a broad range of corporate commercial matters including asset and share purchase and sale transactions, franchising matters and corporate governance.
Bijan takes a pragmatic approach to every situation and draws on his business acumen to deliver outstanding results. The Calgary native is extremely familiar with the city’s business community, a strength that has proven especially beneficial to his practice while counselling clients and collaborating with his Dentons colleagues on important project work.
- Confidential client: Advising the borrower on the implementation of a CA$200 million syndicated debt facility.
- Confidential client: Advising the CA$300 million divestiture of a Saskatchewan-based heavy equipment dealer business to the world’s largest Caterpillar equipment dealer.
- Local development manager: Advising the development manager on the CA$500 million expansion of an events facility.
- Confidential clients: Advising international franchises/restaurants on their various real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- National transportation company: Advising a national railway company on its real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Financial advisor/wealth management firm: Advising in connection with the sale of more than CA$150 million of various commercial retail sites in Alberta.
- Mortgage investment corporations: Advising in connection to various lending and foreclosure matters.
Activities and AffiliationsMemberships
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Former Editorial Board Member, Saskatchewan Law Review