Paralegals in Alberta work in a legal capacity acting as agents and representing the best interest of their clients in various judicial matters.
They provide their clients with a comparable and more economical service compared to using a lawyer.
Paralegals charge a fraction of lawyer’s fees, which can be a great advantage to those who require legal assistance but are unable to afford the high rates of most lawyers.
Paralegals are permitted to practice in Provincial Offences Court, Small Claims Court, Landlord and Tenant Tribunals and many other tribunals and hearings. In addition, Paralegals can assist with completing any applications and to prepare simple documentation. Although individuals and small businesses may be self-represented in many legal matters, representation by an experienced and licenced paralegal may result in a more competent, successful and less stressful experience.
What “Active Professionals” Can Do For You?
Active Professionals can act on your behalf by representing you as a legal agent or advocate in a variety of services. Our goal is to partner with you to achieve the best possible outcome in any legal matter where we represent or assist you.
Active Professionals’ paralegal services can accommodate your needs with knowledgeable and professional representation at a fraction of the price of a lawyer. Please read the recent article from “The Global and Mail” Lawyers are too expensive for most Canadians, give more work to paralegals!
Active Professionals’ paralegal services include but are not limited to the following alphabetical list.
- Administrative Alberta driver licence suspension program appeals
- Aids to daily living appeals
- Alberta zero alcohol tolerance program appeals
- Appeals for a provincial business licence
- Appeals of decision of the registrar and railway administrator
- Appeals of Parole Board of Canada (PBC) decision for conditional release
- Assured income for the severely handicapped (AISH) appeals
- Child and adult health benefit appeals
- Child care licensing appeals
- Child, youth and family enhancement appeals
- City business licence appeals
- Disability benefits appeals
- Employment insurance (E.I.) appeals
- Family support for children with disabilities appeals
- Human rights Commission appeals.
- Immediate roadside suspension program appeals
- Income and employment support appeals
- Persons with development disabilities appeals
- Property assessment review appeals
- Protection for persons in care appeals
- Review of driver conduct appeals
- Seniors benefits appeals
- Special needs assistance appeals
- Supportive living accommodations licensing appeals
- Vehicle seizure program appeals
- Workers compensation board (WCB) appeals
- Completing the application to receive information as a victim
- Completing travel document applications for refugees
- Enduring Power of Attorneys
- To obtain previous divorce judgment for any provincial court in Canada
- Translating your documents into English and 50+ languages – For details please visit our page “Translation and Interpretation”
- U.S.A. Waivers (Advanced permission to enter as a non-immigrant)
- With all applications
- Resolve civil matters in Small Claims Court of a monetary value up to $50,000.00
Commissioner for Oaths Services (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Québec):
- Please visit our page “Commissioner for Oaths ” for a complete list of services.
- Coordinate and prepare corporate documents and complete the required forms for the creation of new legal entities
- Coordinate the certification, notarization and legalization of corporate documents required to support international activities, liaising with the relevant Embassies, Consulates and Chamber of Notaries
- Dissolve and revive your company
- Maintain the minute books of legal entities (annual resolutions, annual reports, etc.)
- Manage and maintain the database containing all information pertaining to legal entities
- Perform company name searches and reserve
- Prepare and file your corporate amendments
- Register your trade name
- Update minute book
Criminal Offences (Summary Conviction):
- Representation for summary offences
- Assist in obtaining your original certificates of marriage in preparation for your divorce
- Assistance with contested divorce
- Family court proceedings Support
- Handle uncontested divorces (also called Desk Divorces)
- Joint divorce
- Rejected divorce
Canadian Immigration Services
Active Professionals is a Canadian Immigration firm that has been serving clients worldwide since 1999. Active Professionals is pleased to have Mr. Anwarul Karim (Membership # R511978, Head Office, Calgary) as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) and full members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) and Mr. Daniel Tardif (Membership# R420255, Quebec Office),Ms. Lina Balian (Membership # R407471, Ontario Office) and Mr. Shun Wong Lam (Membership # R507414, Head Office, Calgary) as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) and full members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) in our team.
Mr. Daniel TARDIF is also a member of Registre Québécois des consultants en immigration reconnus (Reg #11479).
All Canadian Immigration Services including but not limited to Consult, Advice and Representation are handled only by the above-mentioned Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) at Active Professionals.
We know that immigration to a new country is one of the most significant decisions in any person’s life. We understand the needs and concerns of prospective immigrants to Canada. Active Professionals has a proven track record of helping clients for immigration and non-immigration matters. As a result, our clients refer their family and friends to us with confidence. We go to extraordinary lengths to see that your loved ones are reunited with you in Canada as soon as possible. The vast majority of our clients have their interviews with Citizenship and Immigration Canada waived. Our RCICs are authorized by the Canadian Government to represent you in all Canadian Immigration Matters. Initial in-person, telephonic or via Skype communication is a mandatory requirement at our office before a client retains our Canadian Immigration Services.
We only deal with clients who we are confident will have the best chance of success. If our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) feel that you will not qualify to make a successful application, we will be honest with you, and you will not be left with false hopes, wasting your time and money needlessly. You will have “Peace of Mind” knowing if you qualify now or what you will need to do to qualify in the future.
Given the significant and recent changes to the Immigration Laws in Canada, it is imperative that prospective immigrants contact us to guide you through the process from start to finish. Discover the difference that working with our team of friendly experienced professionals brings. We invite you to call us on 403-590-3818 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a confidential initial consulting with one of our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs).
The following are some of the services we provide:
- Adoptee’s Application
- Adoption Sponsorship Application
- Confirmation of Canadian Citizenship of the Adoptive Parent(s)
- Deportation Appeal
- Loss of Permanent Resident Status Appeal
- Permanent Resident Application Appeal
- Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) Application
- Removal Order Appeal
Applications Review Services
- Review and Checking of Forms and Documents for Any Citizenship and Immigration Application Prepared By Applicants Themselves
Applications to Become Permanent Resident
- Business Immigration
- Canadian Experience Class
- Canadian Express Entry
- Caregivers Program
- Family Sponsorship
- Adopted Children and Other Eligible Relatives Sponsorship
- Dependent Children Sponsorship
- Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
- Spouse, Common-law Partner, Conjugal Partner Sponsorship Within or Outside Canada
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Federal Skilled Workers
- Investor Immigration
- Provincial Nominees Program
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- New Foundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Quebec – Selected Skilled Workers
- Self-employed Persons Program
- Start-up Visa
- Application for a Search of Citizenship Records
- Application for Canadian Citizenship, Adults and Minors
- Application for Grant of Citizenship for Stateless Persons Born to a Canadian Parent
- Application to Renounce Canadian Citizenship
- Application to Resume Canadian Citizenship
- Citizenship Residence Questionnaire (RQ) Service
- Citizenship Test Preparation Service
- Declaration Concerning a Citizenship Certificate That Was Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never Received
- Fast-Track Canadian Citizenship Application for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) – Current and Past Members of CAF
- Proof of Citizenship Application
- Request to Correct a Date of Birth for Citizenship
- Withdrawal of Citizenship Application
- Assessment Services for any Immigration and Citizenship Applications
- Consultation on Skype
- Consultation Over the Phone
- Initial Consultation
- In-person Consultation
Miscellaneous Business Services
Active Professionals offers full Accounting, Bookkeeping, Tax and Payroll services geared exclusively towards small and medium business owners. Our Business Services in addition to the Accounting includes but not limited to the Translation & Interpretation of all Major Languages, Graphic Design, Web Design/Web Development/Web Maintenance, Passport Photos, and Employment Agency Services.
For further information, please read our specific pages for details.
In addition, find below a list of Miscellaneous Business Services, which may not listed under our Specific Pages.
- Accounting – For details of complete Accounting including Income Tax Preparation services, please visit our page “Accounting”
- Administrative Assistant and Consultancy Services
- Banner Ads
- Business Plan
- Business Printing
- Business Proposal
- Business Writing (letters and website)
- Car Wash Ads
- Educational Services
- Electronic Document Management
- Email Services/Email Marketing
- Employment Agency
- Event Registration
- Facility Planning
- Fax: Sending and Receiving
- Feasibility Report
- Graphic Design
- Human Resource Assistance
- Internet Research
- Interview Preparation
- Logo Creation
- Mailbox Services
- Market Research
- Paper Roll Ads
- Passport Photos
- Personal Assistant Services
- Personal Tax Return
- Preparing Mailing Lists
- Preparing Mailing Merges
- Printing ( black-and-white, USB Flash Drive printing, business cards, stationary, flyers)
- Proofreading: editing, formatting, spelling and grammar checking
- Referral services at no charge to client: Realtors, Insurance Agents, Mortgage Brokers, Lawyers, Travel Agents and other professionals
- Resume Preparation
- Scanning documents
- Sorting and Filing documents
- Translation & Interpretation
- Typing and Word Processing
- Virtual Assistant Services
- Web Design & Development
Active Professionals is a registered trade name and a Division of Canada Immigration & Business Services (CIBS) Ltd Incorporated, an Alberta Corporation registered under the Company Laws of the province of Alberta. Canada Immigration & Business Services (CIBS) Ltd was established in 1999 and has since provided services literally to thousands of clients.
Our goal is to make Active Professionals a one stop service office for Paralegal, Immigration and Business Services. Do not hesitate to call or e-mail us for an inquiry about Paralegal, Immigration and Business Services. Either we will have a specialist within the office or we will arrange for an expert within our network outside of Active Professionals.
As it is clear by the name, “Active” means “lively, energetic, full of life, dynamic, on the go, full of zip etc.” In addition to the above, we decided on the “Active” name as meaning
We are committed to providing or finding accurate information to the best of our knowledge and resources. The Team at Active Professionalscares for clients. We believe in “the team approach” and we have a team of 8 professionals working for you.
We sell information and try our best to get the updates for you. Our staff believes in effective communication, with an emphasis on listening.
You cannot do a great job, until you listen to your clients. They are the ones who can best describe their case.
Looking for information not listed here? Do not hesitate to contact Active Professionals and we will do our best to answer your questions or find someone who can.
Why Choose Us?
At Active Professionals we realize that there are quite a few other companies in Calgary who offer the same services as we do. Being a savvy shopper you will likely want to research different companies before choosing the one that is suitable to meet your consumer needs.
Active Professionals offers exactly what you need. Our team of dedicated professionals will complete your requests in a timely manner. We work from a centrally located commercial office. You’ll find us easy to reach and ready to fulfill your goals.
When you look up our reviews we believe you will be very satisfied with what you learn. Our positive client testimonials, numerous business awards, years in business and zero complaints from the Better Business Bureau will surely inspire you to hire us. We offer competitive fees and efficient service.
You will find our references below. On our “Client Testimonials Page” you will see over 600 client testimonials. We are also proud to have received over 200 thank you cards from clients all over the world.
- Yellow Pages
- Better Business Bureau – No Complaints at all!
- Client Testimonials
We would like to thank you for considering to do business with us. In addition to numerous client testimonials from our satisfied customers, we would like to share with you some of the professional qualities that make us stand apart from our competition.
- Winners of the Consumer Choice Award (CAA)
(2005/2006 & 2012/2013)
- Lowest Fee Guarantee 110%
- Educated Staff
- Sincere and Accurate Advice
- Expert Knowledge and Experience
- Professional Association Memberships
- Integrity, Honesty and Efficiency
- Up-to-date knowledge and information
- Excellent Support
- Word of Mouth
- Licensed Employment Agency
- Professional Office/Centrally Located
- Prompt Service
- Flexible Payment Plans
- Personal Approach
- One Stop Paralegal, Immigration & Business Services
- Choice of Services
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Creative & Practical Advice
- Proactive Solutions
- Nomination from American Biographical Institute Inc (ABI)
- Nomination from the Heritage Registry of Who’s Who
- The Brick Certificate
- Referral Program
- Mini Vacation Opportunity